Talk to Austin’s pet stain & odor removal pros!
Call (512) 836-8900 today!
If you have stains on your floors or unpleasant odors caused by a pet tracking in mud or having an accident, K&M Steam Cleaning can help! We use professional-grade, pet-safe solutions to clean and deodorize your home.
K & M Steam Cleaning came to my rescue. A skunk sprayed my dog who then brought it into my house. They worked me in the same day. I am so grateful that they did. K&M did a fantastic job and I would recommend them to clean your carpet too. – Terri D. in Austin
Great team. Worked hard. Got the stains out even better than anticipated. Thanks! – Meredith B. in Austin
Austin’s Pet Odor & Stain Specialists
K&M Steam Cleaning understands that you love your pet, even though he or she may be your carpet’s worst enemy. That’s why K&M has developed expertise in cleaning pet stains.
K&M Steam Cleaning has built its reputation as “Austin’s pet odor specialists” because they treat the cause of pet odor – that ammonia smell that comes from pet stains. Many carpet cleaning services clean pet stains like all of the other stains on the carpet; they simply steam clean it.
Removing Pet Stains From Carpet
After cleaning over 25,000 carpets in Austin, K&M has seen every kind of pet stain there is. Pet stains are not like other stains on your carpet that are caused by food or drink spills, for example. Pet urine contains bacteria that release an odor when it goes into a bondable material like carpet. To eliminate the odor, a carpet cleaner must kill the bacteria causing it. Clean the rug, but leave the bacteria, the odor will remain. To remove bacteria caused by pet urine, K&M uses a special environmentally-friendly enzyme disinfectant.
Professional Pet Odor Removal
To completely remove pet odor from floors, all of the alkaline salt deposits left behind by the urine must be completely eliminated. While we can clean and remove odors from occasional pet accidents, odors left by multiple pet accidents over an extended period of time could require more extensive odor-removal work. The good news is, no matter how big or small your pet odor problem is, K&M can recommend the right solution and has expert pet odor removal teams to do the work. For the worst pet odor problems, K&M recommends following all of the steps outlined below. For less severe pet odor, a simple application of enzyme solutions and deep carpet cleaning will do the job.
Extreme Pet Odor Removal Process
- Pull up carpet that has pet stain and odor problems.
- Remove carpet pad that is contaminated with pet urine odors.
- Clean the backing of the carpet.
- Treat the slab or floor with a pet odor removal enzyme.
- Seal the slab or floor with an odor barrier.
- Treat the back of the carpet with an odor removal enzyme.
- Install new carpet tack strips.
- Install new carpet padding.
- Reinstall and stretch the carpet.
- Perform hot water extraction cleaning on the carpet.
- Apply odor removal enzyme to the carpet after cleaning.
Common Causes of Pet Stains and Smells that K&M Steam Cleaning Removes
Following are the most common causes of pet stains and odors that K&M Steam Cleaning is called to remove:
- Canine or Feline Urine: Dog or cat urine is the most typical cause for the yellow or orange stains in your carpets that emit a strong pungent odor. K&M’s carpet and upholstery cleaning pros are experts at removing the visual and olfactory signs of pet accidents.
- Bacteria and Mold: If stains and pet accidents are giving off a rotten smell, it’s an indicator that pathogens like bacteria and mold are growing. K&M can decontaminate, disinfect, and deodorize carpets that smell foul because of bacteria and mold growth.
- Pet Accidents: Eating the wrong table scraps or illness can lead pets to have issues with uncontrolled vomiting or waste excretion. Pet parents often call K&M to clean up extra-messy pet accidents from when their dog or cat became ill. Our techs pride themselves on leaving even the worst pet messes looking and smelling good as new.
- Body Oil from Pets: The natural body oils from an animal’s skin and coat can accumulate on your carpets and upholstery, causing oily stains and a pungent odor.
K&M serves homes and businesses in Austin, Barton Creek, Bastrop, Bee Cave, Briarcliff, Buda, Cedar Creek, Cedar Park, Del Valle, Downtown, Driftwood, Dripping Springs, East Austin, Elgin, Georgetown, Hutto, Jarrell, Jollyville, Jonestown, Kyle, Lakeway, Lago Vista, Leander, Liberty Hill, Manor, Manchaca, North Austin, Oak Hill, Onion Creek, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, Round Rock, San Leanna, Spicewood, Steiner Ranch, South Austin, Sun City, Sunset Valley, Taylor, Volente, and West Lake Hills.
K&M cleans all of Austin, Texas plus Travis, Williamson, Bastrop, Burnet, and Hays county suburbs including Buda, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Hutto, Kyle, Lakeway, Leander, Round Rock, and Taylor.
Get In Touch
K&M Steam Cleaning
2301 Denton Dr.
Austin, TX 78758